Sunday, October 4, 2009

picture time

The Sukkah at the Western wall. Last night Jana and I went with Danette and Ivy to Aroma (a coffee shop that has the BEST chia tea latte made) in the Germany Colony.. while we were walking there we were admiring all of the sukkah's in people's yards, on their balcony's, in front of all the restaurants. They are everywhere! It's just like christmas lights..some are over-the-top extravagant and some are really simple. It's a really fun time to be in Jerusalem.
One of several tombs they think Jesus's body was laid in. This one is called the Garden Tomb. We got there right as they were closing but we plan on going back and spending some time there just enjoying the garden.
I wish this picture was clear. It was such a pretty view and great lighting. This is on the balcony of Succat Hallel before all-staff Shabbat dinner.
The Shook! An open market near the center. The rest of the pictures are all from the shook.

Not sure what this is?
Spices galore!
Lots of olives

1 comment:

  1. it's called Dragonfruit!! sooo yummy! it was all over Thailand when I was there. It's good fresh and in shakes. You probably don't want it to buy it too soft...kinda firm, I guess. love you, sister!!

    ReplyDelete