Friday, October 9, 2009

messianic congregation

One of my favorite parts of the week is Ahavat Yeshua, a messianic congregation lead by Asher Intrater (revive-israel.org). It's all in hebrew and we don't understand much of what is being said, but Jana and I love it! Although yesterday a girl was giving a testimony and Jana said, "What do you think she's talking about?" I said, "I think she witnessed to someone on a bus." We asked the lady behind us what she was talking about and ding ding ding, we were right! So maybe the Holy Spirit is working in us the gift of interpretation! The night before I was praying and thinking about the river of life (Rev 22) and asking God to let me drink from His river of pleasures (psalm 36) and for my soul to be filled with life and light. Asher spoke on everlasting water (john 4) at congregation. So it doesn't matter the language, the Holy Spirit is keeping us in unity! (I would like to learn Hebrew though..) God's presence is so sweet there and the worship is always fun. Something we've noticed is that there corporate worship is much more together. They'll dance around the room in a train or get in a big circle. Although we (greeks) worship in the same room, it's very much your individual experience with God as opposed to enjoying it with the people around you, if that makes sense. I've enjoyed being apart of it. Since yesterday was the last day of Sukkot (Feast of Tabernacles), they had huge palm branches that everyone was waving around during worship singing, "Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord! Hallelujah!" It was great.

God is so kind to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment