We tried to go back to Yad Veshem yesterday to view the children's exhibit. Our bus directions were terrible and 1.5 hours later we ended up where we started and I was car sick. We sat at Aroma (the starbucks of israel..but way better!) and I drank a coke and ate some bread to get the feeling to pass quickly. Why am I 24 and still get car sick so often? Annoying. After I felt better we decided to walk back to the Garden Tomb. Of course there are several places that they think "could be the tomb", "could be where he was crucified".. lots of "could be's" here in jerusalem.. but I'm pretty sure the Garden Tomb is the spot. It makes the most sense. It's in the middle of an Arab neighborhood. Walking there, you think surely I am not in the right place, and then all of a sudden... Peace. And you're there. It's beautiful.
My friend, Amy, from Alabama is on a tour this week and is in Jerusalem this week. Her phone doesn't work here so it should be interesting getting in touch. Hopefully the Lord will just let us run into each other. It's going to be so nice to see a familiar face.
Today we're off to the zoo!
3 things I'm thankful for :
1. laughter
2. going to the Galilee on sun-tues
3. hot showers
No comments:
Post a Comment