Thursday, November 5, 2009

i'm so bad about updating this..

thanks for the prayers about being homesick. we're feeling a lot better!

On Tuesday we went to Bethlehem. A shopkeeper that our friend, Morgan, has befriended took several hours out of his day to take us to Hebron and show us around. Magdee is his name. He is originally from Hebron but moved to Bethlehem over 20 years ago. He took us to the old city which is mostly shut down. There are a few shops open on various streets but for the most part it's pretty barren. It's easy to imagine at one point it was filled with people and every shop open, much like Jerusalem, but because of all the wars and what not it's falling apart. It was actually quite sad.
Magdee took us to the mosque where Abraham, Sarah, Rebekah and Isaac are buried. It was weird being in a mosque. First thing we saw when we walked in was a row of young arab boys learning how to pray to Allah. It was a crazy feeling. We prayed over them silently for the Lord's protection and an outpouring of dreams a visions. Many Arab's receive the same dream of a man in white coming to them holding his hands out that have blood of them. Out of fear, they do not talk about it amongst themselves, but through the Lord's timing it is becoming more known.
Leaving there, we went to a scarf factory and a glass factory. We got some scarves fresh off the loom for only $5 and they are good quality! Jana and I were freezing all day but once we put those on it helped significantly. I also bought some Christmas ornaments at the glass factory.

The whole day all I kept hearing in my spirit was, "Jesus loves Palestine. Jesus loves Palestine. Jesus loves Palestine." Over and over. He loves every nation. Every people group. Every tribe and tongue. Jana and I spent the next morning praying into this. There's something about Palestine that I believe is significantly on His heart right now. One thing is for them to have a revelation of Israel and start blessing her. I believe huge way Israel will be provoked to jealousy is through the Arab believers loving and embracing the Jewish people. Many of them believe replacement theology (that when it says Israel in the Bible, it really means the "church" and not actual Israel. this is not true). They believe this though because they are brought up to hate Jews and so this an easy escape from having to deal with that major issue. There is coming mass revival to Palestine, Arabs and Muslims.
----

On another note... I'm no longer a vegetarian! I felt the Lord tell me to eat meat on Nov 1. November first came and I was thinking I would hold out until Thanksgiving. We had gone to the City of David that afternoon to help an Arab lady pick olives. After several hours of climbing trees olive picking, the sweet lady prepared a meal for us. Rice, Israeli salad and lamb. It was pretty perfect. We sat on the patio overlooking the Mount of Olives, where Jesus descended into heaven and will return again, and I ate meat for the first time in 2.5 years. :)
A new season has begun.

No comments:

Post a Comment