Monday, September 28, 2009

Yom Kippur

Today is Yom Kippur, the Day of Atonement. The quietness and stillness over the city is a pretty amazing to experience. Jana and I spent the afternoon on the promenade reading the Bible, praying and enjoying the view of the city. The weather is absolutely perfect. Warm, dry and breezy. The entire city shuts down from sun down yesterday to sundown today, as the Jews humble themselves before God and repent of their sins hoping that through good works they will be justified to God and their name will be written in the Book of Life. There has been such a tension in my spirit yesterday and today. On one hand I want to sing and dance in the joy of Jesus as our atonement for sin. I am perfected forever by one sacrifice (Hebrews 10:10) and am able to enter the holy of holies through the blood of the Lamb with confidence. I am forever justified to Him through faith in Jesus! On the other hand, I want to weep and mourn for His people. They are trying so hard to get to the Father but never will apart from revelation that their Messiah has come. The tension has provoked me to prayer. God is faithful. He will save Israel. It has been good to have a time of reflection and repentance personally and be reminded of my need for a Savior.


I am so thankful today for my salvation. Thank you Father for opening my eyes to the beauty of your Son. The Lamb slain before the foundations of the world. Who bore all of my sin and shame on the cross and has given me full access to you, Father. Increase our understanding of what it means to enter into this most holy place and the gift of being able to come into your presence and live in constant communion with you by the precious gift of the Holy Spirit. Holy Spirit, magnify Jesus in our hearts. Show us this beautiful man high and lifted up far above everything of this earth. Let us walk in the power of the resurrected Christ that is living in us!


I worship You, for Your love is faithful.

I worship You, for my heart You've enabled.



No comments:

Post a Comment